Novosibirsk dating agency
On September 2, 1962, the population of Novosibirsk reached one million.At that time, it was the youngest city in the world with over a million people.During Joseph Stalin's industrialization effort, Novosibirsk secured its place as one of the largest industrial centers of Siberia.Several massive industrial facilities were created, including the 'Sibkombain' plant, specializing in the production of heavy mining equipment.By 1917, seven Orthodox churches and one Roman Catholic church had been built there, several cinemas, forty primary schools, a high school, a teaching seminary, and the Romanov House non-classical secondary school.In 1913, Novonikolayevsk became one of the first places in Russia to institute compulsory primary education. There were wartime epidemics, especially of typhus and cholera, that claimed thousands of lives.The new railway connected Novonikolayevsk to Central Asia and the Caspian Sea.At the time of the bridge's opening, Novonikolayevsk had a population of 7,800 people. Its first bank opened in 1906, and a total of five banks were operating by 1915.
Although it possesses a fully autonomous infrastructure, Akademgorodok is administered by Novosibirsk.
As a direct result of the station's construction vast areas of fertile land were flooded as were relic pine woods in the area; additionally, the new open space created by the reservoir's surface caused average wind speeds to double, increasing the rate of soil erosion.
In the 1950s, the Soviet Government directed that a center for scientific research be built in Novosibirsk, and in 1957 the multi-facility scientific research complex of Akademgorodok was constructed about 30 kilometers (19 mi) south of the city center.
in honor both of Saint Nicholas and of the reigning Tsar Nicholas II.
It superseded nearby Krivoshchekovskaya village, which was founded in 1696.
The Soviet Workers' and Soldiers' Deputies of Novonikolayevsk took control of the city in December 1917.